Terms and Conditions
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Moehlmanlaw makes available the information and materials on the website (the “Materials”) for general informational purposes only. The Materials are not intended to constitute, and do not constitute, legal advice. Moreover, the Materials are not intended to constitute, and do not constitute, a solicitation for the formation of an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship is created through your use of the website or your receipt of the Materials. Anyone accessing the Materials should not act upon them without first seeking legal counsel. Further, the Materials are general in nature, and may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances.
We are very proud of the results we obtain for our clients, but you should know that past results afford no guarantee of future results; that every case is different and must be judged on its own merits; and that the choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. If you want us to represent you, please contact one of our attorneys directly or fill out the Contact Us form to determine whether such representation would be appropriate. We would be pleased to consider having a Moehlmanlaw attorney represent you. If you are interested in having one of our attorneys represent you, we will provide you with additional information about our capabilities and terms of engagement. Please do not send us any proprietary or confidential information without first talking with one of our lawyers and receiving authorization to send us the information.
Any U.S. Federal tax advice contained in our communications is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purposes of (1) avoiding U.S. Federal tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matter addressed herein, whether an entity, investment plan or other transaction.
Moehlmanlaw does not seek to represent anyone desiring representation based upon accessing the Web Site in a jurisdiction where the website fails to comply with applicable laws and ethical rules. In addition, our attorneys do not seek to practice law in any jurisdiction in which they are not properly authorized to do so.
You acknowledge that the website may contain information, software, photos, video, text, graphics, music, sounds or other material provided by Moehlmanlaw or third parties that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or here after developed.
Rules of Use
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in accessing and/or using the website and/or any Materials. In addition, your use of the website is conditioned on your compliance with the following rules. You agree not to:
- Use the website for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any Moehlmanlaw employee, agent, or representative; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or your affiliation with any person or entity; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the website
- Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the website any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, or other harmful code.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the website, including by means of hacking or defacing any portion of the website.
- Interfere with or violate any other website visitor’s or user’s right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about website visitors or users, or about Moehlmanlaw attorneys, other employees and representatives identified on the website, without their express consent.
- Sell, resell, transfer, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the website or the Materials.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble any portion of the Site or Materials.
- Frame or mirror all or any part of the website without our prior express written authorization.
Unless otherwise specifically noted, images, trademarks, service marks, logos and icons displayed on the website are the property of Moehlmanlaw and may not be used without our prior written consent. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, privacy and publicity laws and communications regulations and statutes.
The website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites on the Internet or resources. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Moehlmanlaw is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, services, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND YOUR USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. MOEHLMANLAW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, MOEHLMANLAW MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON THE WEB SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MOEHLMANLAW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MOEHLMANLAW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE; (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (iii) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOEHLMANLAW TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEB SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The website is controlled and operated by Moehlmanlaw from its principal office in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, and is not intended to subject Moehlmanlaw to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the state of Missouri. Moehlmanlaw does not represent or warrant that the website or the Materials, or any aspect thereof, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the website or Materials do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with local laws. We may limit the availability of the website to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time in our sole discretion.
Governing Law and Forum
Copyright and Copyright Notices
Moehlmanlaw respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Moehlmanlaw’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please contact Moehlmanlaw’s Copyright Agent for Notice of Claims of copyright infringement.